Monday, November 19, 2007

Week 1. Post A.

Vocabulary:
Implement (2)- a tool, utensil, or other piece of equipment used for a particular purpose.

Teeming (3)- to be full of or swarming with.

Significant Quote:

"Mom had me back when she was super work-focused and single and thought she'd be alone forever. Of course, she got pregnant (after choosing 142 from the other donors), met my actual dad, and had me, They got married when I was one, and he legally adopted me and raised me, and here we all are. (24)

I think this is a significant quote because it tells the reader that her father was a donor and that she has never actually met him and she doesn't know anything about him besides that he was number 142. She thinks of her dad as her "real dad" because he has been with her almost her whole life. This quote makes the reader understand why she might feel like she doesn't belong sometimes. Especially since all her brothers and sisters are from both her parents.

No comments: